Wally’s Third Birthday!

Deborah S. Lee, Student Journalist

Wally really enjoyed his pup cake.

As we all know from the flyers around HMS, our school therapy dog, Wally, is 3 years old! We celebrated his birthday on October 28th by donating things like pet food (for dogs and cats), thin blankets, sheets and towels to the Animal Welfare Association (AWA). While Wally enjoyed a specialty “pup” cake, the students at HMS enjoyed an ice cream sandwich during their lunch!

Here are some facts about our favorite dog Wally, provided by Dr. Nolan himself!

Wally enjoying his birthday cake!

Wally was born somewhere Missouri, though we don’t know where. Also we not only celebrated Wally’s birthday, but we tried our best to donate items in need to the AWA! As students, we know Wally as the school’s dog, but did you know that Wally in fact had an owner before us? We don’t know who was the original owner, but we do know that they were the one who trained Wally! Wally also loves any kind of treat. Want to know a fun fact? He will follow you if he thinks he is about to receive food or a treat. The last fun fact that I have is that Wally has a brother! We don’t really get to see him, but his name is Charlie. Wally is indeed a really special dog!

All in all, we’re celebrated Wally’s birthday on October 28th, 2021 by donating things like dog and cat treats, dry dog food and wet cat food, non-clumping cat litter, thin blankets, sheets, towels, and pet toys! In total, the staff, and students at HMS raised over $115 in donations AND filled FIVE boxes worth of supplies to deliver!.

Wally really is a special kind of dog! Happy 3rd birthday to Wally!