HMS Press

The student news site of Hammonton Middle School

HMS Press

HMS Press

Pinnacle Parkour Competition Team

Pinnacle Parkour Competition Team

Pinnacle Parkour is a gym in Washington Township specifically for people who like to train for parkour and ninja warriors. Recently, they’ve changed their schedule to fit in two days for a teen competition team practice and two days for a kid competition team practice. Each team will have a more mandatory class and a specific open gym time just for them once a week. These practices are preparing students for upcoming competitions. This schedule started on April 1st, and competitions will last through June. When fall begins, competitions will start again and will continue throughout the winter and spring all season long. Tryouts were held on Sunday, March 17th in two different categories for both a kid and teen team. There was a great turnout– the group of kids and teens both did amazing at their challenges and created an extremely supportive environment for one another.

I myself am a part of the team, along with 9 other members ranging from the ages of twelve to seventeen. Our first competition is this weekend, April 13th-14th at Kinetic Ninja Warrior in Maryland . The preteens who are twelve years old will compete on Saturday, while the rest of the teens will compete on Sunday. This first qualifying competition takes place at Kinetic Ninja Warrior in Maryland. Right now, the full process of the team is not complete, so we are not yet an “official” team. However, by the time this starts up again in the fall, it will all be official and the process for the competitions may change. 

If you’re looking for an activity that is challenging, yet fun, in a team atmosphere, then Pinnacle Parkour might be for you!