Academy Spotlight: Photography Academy

Academy Spotlight: Photography Academy

Gianna Morrone, Staff Writer

There are so many different Academies at Hammonton Middle School, so let’s put the spotlight on one of them: The Photography Academy! Many students enjoy this Academy for a variety of reasons, and I had the privilege of speaking with two of them.

One student named Cassandra Pichardo said that she enjoys taking photos. She said, “I enjoy doing this Academy especially because I am doing it with others who enjoy doing the same thing.” Cassandra said she would definitely recommend this academy to other students because it is fun and independent. 

Another student,Deborah Lee, says that she enjoys this Academy and has always been interested in taking different types of photos. She said that it’s a great academy because it is a good way to communicate with others and share ideas. 

The advisor, Mrs. Judge, mentioned many amazing points about this Academy. Mrs. Judge has been running this Academy for 10 years and really enjoys teaching it. She said the reason she brought this Academy to the halls of HMS is because, “People are always taking photos” and wants to teach these same people better and different ways to take a picture. Another question I asked was if the students enjoy the Academy, Mrs. Judge said that for all of the years she has been running it, most students really enjoy being independent with taking photos.

Capturing photos is so important to many students at Hammonton Middle School. This is part of the reason why the Photography Academy at HMS is enjoyed by many!