Renaissance Trip 4.5: Jersey Devil Golf Trip

Michael McShane, Staff Writer

Now I’m calling this 4.5 because it was a trip held for the students who did well in the 4th marking period last year. After receiving their Renaissance card, students headed to the Jersey Devil Golf Center located in Hammonton, New Jersey. On this gorgeous fall day, students missed 3rd ,4th ,5th, and most of the 6th period while they were on this trip! After being sent to the auditorium, we were loaded onto the buses, and after a short ride, we arrived at the golf course. Once at Jersey Devil Golf and Fun Center, we had tons of options: there was a mini-golf course, a pavilion with cornhole, and a driving range. They even had a shop that served ice cream, milkshakes, and water ice! I am glad I was able to go on this trip because we all had a lot of fun. Personally, I enjoyed the driving range and water ice. I hope the next Renaissance trip is just as good as this one was!

INFORMATION ABOUT RENAISSANCE:

For those who need some information on how to earn the next trip, listen up! The Renaissance Program is a program here at HMS that is designed to reward students who excel at school, have good attendance, and zero discipline referrals. Students who receive all A, B, and Cs are eligible to receive a reward; most of the time this reward is a trip somewhere fun. In the past, some unique events have been held for Renaissance card holders, like the Crack the Code event, which I covered in a previous news story if you want to know more about that. Recently, students have had to do a Character Ed form to be accepted. This includes answering some questions about a presentation students are required to watch. Once students have fulfilled these goals, they will receive a card– which they will need in order to enter the event!